Arizona is crawling with all sorts of harmful and bothersome bugs, but subterranean and drywood termites cause the most damage to property by far. If you suspect a termite infestation in your home, contact us quickly to schedule your free, no obligation termite inspection. If we find anything, we will provide you with a detailed diagram explaining where termites are active on your property as well as the step-by-step method we will use to treat and protect your home.
What you should know about termites:
- Termites thrive in the soil almost everywhere Arizona yet it’s almost impossible to know whether they’ve infested your home without an inspection
- Termites are tiny, quiet creatures that mostly do damage in hidden areas. Trained inspectors may find activity you could easily overlook.
- Termites cause more damage each year then fires, earthquakes, and storms combined. (Over 2 billion annually in the U.S. alone).
- Homeowner’s Insurance won’t cover termite damage.
- New homes are just as vulnerable to termite infestation as older homes.
- Termites attack wood in homes made of brick, stucco and block.
- Termites can enter through a crack as small as 1/64th of an inch.
- By the time you see termites, often serious damage is done. Termites can be hidden for 10 to 12 years before a swarm becomes visible.
- A small colony can devour a linear foot of a 2×4 in five months.
- Repairs can easily cost you three to five times as much a termite treatment.
Preventative Termite Treatment
All houses have areas where termites can hide from even the most experienced inspector. So, no matter how carefully your home is visually inspected, there are still “invisible places” that no one can see:
- Between the walls – where structural damage can occur
- Beneath your floors – at the very foundation of your home
- Inside baseboards, doors, and your door and window frames
- Bath traps and areas with no access for inspection.
- Hidden entry points due to structural slab cracks or defects
- High dirt, mulch, vines or decking hiding the foundation
- Hidden add-on slab joints
For these reasons regular termite check-ups should be scheduled at least once a year. After all, the least expensive time to stop termites is before they start an infestation.
AZEX Pest Solutions performs complete Licensed Termite Inspection services for home and commercial properties and provides property owners with reports that document the presence of termites, pest, or infestation problems or structural hazards that may exist due to termite destruction. A detailed drawing of the interior and exterior of the property is provided pinpointing the areas (if any) where termite damage and/or active termite infestations were found. Arizona Inspections from AZEX Pest Solutions are fast, economical and thorough and can include:
- Certified termite and wood destroying insect inspection services*
- Certified termite and WDIIR inspections for HUD / FHA / VA*
- Proper legal certification forms for HUD / FHA / VA included with all Wood Destroying Insect Inspections, issued on Arizona State approved WDIIR inspection forms
- Home purchase or refinance termite and WDIIR inspections**
- Delivery of the inspection report to Title and Escrow Companies with fast one-day service available upon request
*A Wood Destroying Insect Inspection for a real estate purchase is a visual inspection of the readily accessible areas of the property and does not include any dismantling, moving or removing of any structures.
**At AZEX we know about the difficulties that can take place in the real estate industry and that’s WE DON’T CHARGE THE HOMEOWNER if the property falls out of escrow.
Termidor®: Our Treatment for Subterranean Termites
AZEX Pest Solutions uses Termidor®, the most effective subterranean termite treatment available. It allows us to completely rid your home or business of termites in three months or less. Used successfully by trained and certified professionals on over two million homes in the United States, Termidor® works up to six times faster than traditional termite control methods. It has also been tested extensively for 10 years to provide odorless, environmentally responsible, long-lasting termite control.
- Termidor® is 100% effective at controlling 100% of termites in three months or less – a statement no other termite control product can make.
- Termidor® is a non-repellent (undetectable to termites) allowing it to be ingested and freely transferred throughout the population achieving 100% control of termite populations at the very low rate of just 0.06% active ingredient.
- Termidor® has repeatedly been 100% effective on subterranean termites (including Formosans) in over nine years of concrete slab testing and over seven years of testing on ground boards, in all states at all labeled rates – even the most challenging situations, climates and environments.
AZEX HEAT: Our Treatment for Drywood Termites
In 1987 Drs. Forbes and Ebeling published the results of their studies on dry wood termites. They found that at a temperature of 130º F a 100% mortality of adult dry wood termite nymphs may be achieved in 6 minutes. The only two effective methods for total (whole-house) eradication of termites are fumigation and heat. Using our Heat process, heat penetrates wood to kill dry wood termites without the use of chemicals, making it the perfect solution for those who want to limit their exposure to chemicals.
Using Heat, AZEX Pest technicians introduce clean, dry heat into an infested structure, gradually increasing the temperature until the wood core reaches 130 degrees. Technicians then maintain the temperature at or above that level for 1.5 hours to ensure a complete extermination of pests. The entire procedure may be completed in as little as 8 hours.
Bora-Care® and Termidor® Pretreatment for Builders
Bora-Care® is a revolutionary termite pre-treatment that saves builders time and money. It is applied directly to wood, in a two-foot barrier on walls, floor, and sill plate. Bora-Care® goes where other products can’t – on the wood instead of in the soil. Bora-Care® is applied during the dried-in stage of construction, prior to insulation, and regardless of the weather. Application is easy and convenient and your crew doesn’t have to leave the site.
With conventional soil pretreatment a chemical barrier is created between the soil and the concrete floor of a structure. Termidor® can be used this way with guaranteed effectiveness based on the fact that it is a non-repellent, so termites can’t smell, see, or feel it, as they forages freely in a treated zone. With a single application, Termidor® delivers 100% control, and delivers results in 3 months or less.
Call us today for a free professional termite inspection.
If you have termite activity, we’ll provide a treatment plan, quote, warranty information and with your approval, schedule prompt treatment. If we inspect and don’t find visible termite activity, we’ll provide you with a preventive treatment quote for your consideration.
Our termite programs absolutely guarantee you effective results or we’ll retreat 100% Free.