It’s that time of year again; The days are getting warmer and the bugs are coming out of hiding. In Arizona that can mean spiders, scorpions, centipedes, ants, rodents and more. To keep your home safe from bugs the AZEX Pest Solutions team recommends a routine pest treatment schedule as well as maintenance around your home to deter pests.
Here are some tips to help you work with your Azex technician and current pest control plan.
1. Always cover your garbage can and make sure it closes tightly – Birds and rodents love to find food and other discarded items in your garbage. Deter these rodents from ever finding your property by keeping all garbage sealed.
2. Make sure to fix any leaky plumbing, faucets and hoses – Excess moisture will attract insects of all types, and could cause mold damage as well.
3. Seal all holes, cracks and openings into your home – these are perfect insect doorways into your home.
4. Keep your trees and bushes trimmed and away from your house – rodents and insects can use any extra coverage around your home as a way to access the foundation of the home undetected.
5. Cover any uneaten pet food or store it until the next meal time – pet food can attract rodents, ants and other pests.
6. Don’t leave crumbs and other food splatters uncleaned – cockroaches and ants love crumbs. Don’t leave a free buffet out for insects.
7. Properly dispose of any tree trimming and leaves – Remove leaves, lawn trimmings, branches and other landscaping debris to avoid creating harborage for pests.
8. Keep your grass short – Scorpions, centipedes, ants, earwigs and other insects love to live in overgrown lawns. Keep the grass trimmed, not over watered, and clean of trimmings.
9. Don’t allow water to pool outside – standing water can attract mosquitoes, no-see-ums and other bugs. Water is also an attraction for rodents and pest birds.
10. Get a cat or dog – It has been proven that homes with pest often have less rodent activity.
11. Regularly vacuumed carpets and upholstery – keeping your home free of dust, crumbs and other particles that settle in the carpets can help keep dust mites and other small pests away.
12. Clean up your dirty laundry – A recent study proved that bed bugs are attracted to your dirty laundry. Don’t give bed bugs a place to hide – clean up that laundry pile.
13. Make sure your garage door shuts completely – This is often one of the first places that pests will enter a home.
14. Remove and clean up any fallen fruit or un-eaten vegetables from your garden – For the
Azex Pest Solutions is ready to perform your routine pest sprays and treatments. Give us a call today to schedule your pest treatments, and ask about setting up a treatment schedule for 24/7/365 coverage against bugs! Call AZEX at 866-605-9270 today!