Bedbugs are a continuing menace and not going away anytime soon. Once hoped to be a thing of the past, bed bugs have come back with a vengeance and now take every opportunity to hitch a ride with their traveling hosts – that’s you and me. There are outbreaks across the US and Phoenix is not immune.
You may be lucky enough never to experience an infestation of this nasty little parasite, but many do, and you should know what to do about it. Discovering your home is playing host to this blood-sucking creepy crawly is no one’s idea of fun!
In fact, it makes most people’s skin crawl just at the thought of it. One thing’s for sure – you will want to act quickly and make certain every adult, nymph, and egg is destroyed. Miss a few and you’ll be back to square one within just a few weeks. So, how do you get rid of them?
Bed Bugs in Phoenix: Your Treatment Options
Chemical Bed Bug Treatments in Phoenix
Using insecticides to control bed bugs is the traditional method but has several disadvantages:
- Eggs are left untouched so the process has to be gone through two or more times for it to be effective.
- It is difficult to apply chemicals to all areas of your home so some bed bugs may be left alive. They’ll soon multiply again.
- Even the best-case scenario requires two or three visits over the course of up to a month before your home will be free of this irritating pest.
- For chemicals to be successful a lot of preparation needs to be done before spraying can commence. The spray needs to reach all the places the bed bugs hide.
- You have to live in a home drenched in chemicals that kill things – doesn’t sound very healthy!
Hopefully, you’ve now struck chemical treatments off your list. Let’s look at a much more effective form of bed bug treatment.
Heat Bed Bug Treatments in Pheonix
Heat treatment has proved itself as the go-to method for bed bug control. Of course, a certain amount of preparation is needed. You and (all) your pets will have to vacate your home for the day or 24 hours and you’ll have to ensure that nothing that can be damaged by heat is left inside. Your pest control company will tell you exactly what’s needed.
Heat treatments have many plus points:
- Properly conducted, your home will only need one treatment for complete eradication.
- Heat knows no barriers – it gets to where the bed bugs hide and destroys them.
- There is no need to worry about the after-effects. Once your home returns to its normal temperature it will be the same as before, just without live bed bugs!
- Home furnishings, drapes, carpets, and mattresses are left unaffected.
While heat treatment will kill all the bed bugs present, including eggs, it won’t prevent a new infestation from being introduced at a later date, so if you travel often it may be a good idea to take precautions with your clothing when you return and get regular inspections.
Get a Free Bed Bug Inspection in Pheonix
If you weigh up the pros and cons, there is no competition – heat treatment wins out. It is safe, clean, non-toxic, and dependable. If you suspect you’re sharing your home with bed bugs, or believe bed bugs may be inhabiting your place of business, don’t delay. If you’re in Pheonix, we’re here to help.
We offer free bed bug inspections to check your home or business for signs of bed bug infestation in Pheonix and other areas of Arizona. Click here to book your free inspection now.