Step 1: Eliminate Food and Water
Remove all potential source of food from the premises, such as bird seed and garbage. Routinely harvest ripe fruit and pick up all fruit that has fallen to the ground from surrounding trees. Avoid storing food in garages and storage sheds unless the location is rat-proof. Keep trash cans closed and with tightly fitting lids. Repair any leaking faucets, sprinklers and/or piping. Do not allow standing water.
Step 2: Remove Rats
AZEX offers a wide range of advanced services, baiting, and humane trapping techniques for total rodent elimination. We start by thoroughly inspecting your home or business, looking for the root cause of the infestation and develop a remediation and exclusion plan to solve the current problem and keep rats and mice from entering your property down the road.
If you think you have a rodent problem, call AZEX and schedule an inspection. Proper identification is crucial to eliminating the problem, and a professional inspection is the best way to make sure the most effective extermination method is used. After rodents have been identified a detailed treatment plan will be created and executed ASAP.
Our methods are 100% effective and 100% safe. We use live traps whenever possible, because we believe in removal over extermination. Why? Because we understand that no creature sets out to be a pest. We all just want a comfortable, safe place our family can call home.
Step 3: Eliminate Rodent Shelter
- Close all openings larger than ¼” anywhere in the structure
- Repair any damaged vents and vent screens
- Remove trash and debris from the property
- Stack all woodpiles at least 18 inched above ground and 12 inches away from fences and walls
- Trim trees at least 4ft from the roof and building
- Remove heavy vegetation away from building and fences
Step 4: Maintenance
After rodents have been reduced, prevent re-infestation by keeping harbor-age and food sources to a minimum. Also keeping the exterior of your home sealed is key to keeping rodents away. All openings should be sealed, including:
- Basement windows and ventilation ports
- Attic vents and louvers
- Gaps between roof and chimney
- Tile roofs along the eaves
- Vent pipes and shafts.
- Tree limbs should be kept well away from the roof and walls of the house.
Don’t let rodents damage your home or belongings and cause costly repairs. Call AZEX at the first sign of rodent activity. We can keep you pest free all year long!!